IT Systems Engineer (Dell Backup & Storage)
- Ergo - Information Technology
- 15 Jan 2024
Ergo is the VMware Partner of the Year (Ireland & UK) for 2023 with offices in Cork, Limerick, Dublin and Belfast as well as the UK and US.
We are seeking an IT Systems Engineer for a permanent role on our Hybrid Cloud team. The successful candidate will focus on backup and storage On-Prem platform solutions (Compute, Storage, Data Protection and HCI) for both our Enterprise and Commercial customer base.
Experience with Dell solutions including Powerstore Storage and Data Domain backup is highly desirable.
We offer pension, health insurance, educational assistance and flexible work options as part of a comprehensive benefits package.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Deployment of Dell Platform and VMware Solutions
- Rack and Stack of relevant hardware systems
- Implementation and Configuration of systems as per design
- Documentation and Execution of Test and Acceptance plan
- Liaise with Hybrid Cloud Program Manager and Hybrid Cloud Practice lead for scheduling, prioritisation as well as Project and Services Escalation
- Proactively communicate and update tasks on projects to assigned Project Manager
- Achieve relevant or assigned Vendor Certification as and when required
What do you need?
- Previous experience deploying Dell Platform and/or VMware solutions such as:
- Dell Storage (preferably powerstore)
- Data Protection Solutions (Dell/Veeam/Commvault)
- Dell VxRail or VMware vSAN Solutions
- Experience integrating Dell platform solutions for multiple use cases (virtualisation/Data Protection/Cyber Recovery/shared storage/NAS)
Nice to have
- Dell Implementation Engineer Certification
- MS Azure HCI Stack experience
- VMware VCP Certified
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Fluent English