Data & Analytics Team Lead (Belfast/Dublin/UK - Remote)
- Ergo - Professional Services
- 26 Jan 2024
Data & Analytics Team Lead
This role will be 90% remote.
Applicants will need to occasionally be onsite in either our Dublin / Belfast / UK office.
We are seeking an experienced Data and analytics team Lead with expertise in the Microsoft Data and analytics stack and to lead and rapidly grow our existing Microsoft Data and BI business within the wider Ergo Digital Practice
If you have a strong consulting background, a passion for data, and a deep understanding of Microsoft Power BI and/or data engineering within the MSFT stack (ideally both) and can credibly talk to both at a high-level, we invite you to apply and shape the future of our data team.
- Develop the future work pipelines of the practice in liaison with the Digital Practice Lead
- Working with clients to understand their data requirements, and how Ergo can work with them to enable them to build an insightful data platform to gather actionable insights.
- Proactively support sales and presales to meet sales targets
- Manage the utilization of staffing resources and hiring of new resources
- Help deliver project outcomes via architectural QA and delivery management
- Help technically mentor the engineers in the practice
- Help develop the direction of the careers of the practice alongside the company management team
- Provide strategic direction as to what services and technologies the practice should focus on to drive growth.
- Ensure effect cross-team collaboration between the data team and the wider Ergo Digital team
- Maintain and foster relationships with Microsoft to grow Ergo’s profile in Data consulting with Microsoft
- Microsoft Platform knowledge of Azure Data Services, the Microsoft Data and/or analytics cloud stack and/or Microsoft BI technologies
- Experience in pre-sales activities such as leading the creation of proposals, tender responses, SOWs (Statement of Work) and delivery of sales presentations.
- Experience of standard data engineering ETL processes, along with best practice security roles and access
- Being able to lead data analytics and data engineering workshops with senior stakeholders in the role of a subject matter expert.
- An understanding of traditional and modern data platform architecture designs
- Previous on prem SSIS, SSAS and SSRS, Power BI experience
- Understanding of the role security plays in defining and designing data solution
- High level client liaison skills
- Documentation (business focused, technology focused, and project focused)
- 7+ years in a senior data role
Nice to have
- Relevant Microsoft data and/or BI accreditations
- Familiarity using Dev Ops
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Dynamics 365 suite of applications
- Familiarity with the Microsoft O365 suite of applications